Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Cried The Other Day



I cried the other day
for a little girl lost.
She was batted around
and then out she was tossed.
They found her remains
out by the roadside.
Her mother in jail
behind her lies she can't hide.
This poor little soul
so precious, meek and mild.
How could someone do this
to a poor innocent child?


I cried the other day
for a boy with eyes of blue.
His parents' loss rips
at my heart through and through.
His death, from an illness
that he has had for years.
His parents, I bet,
still see his face through their tears.
Their hearts, they must ache
with the loss of their son.
How could they have known
that this day was his last one?


I cried the other day
for all the children gone.
Their lives are a legacy,
their memory lives on.




No comments: